Aaarrgghh, so it’s been forever since i’ve been on here! But i’ve had a pretty hectic year or two, as I started uni, failed uni and started uni again haha but i’m ready to get back into this!
So here we are, my favourite albums of 2016:
- Moose Blood -Blush Moose Blood have been my favourite band since I first saw them support Mallory Knox back in 2014. I don’t think i went a single day without listening to anything of their debut album so i was super nervous when they released Blush. What if it’s not as good? What if i hate it? But damn, my nervousness was not needed. Blush is JUST AS GOOD as IKYIM. More poppy, less ‘dark’ but still so jammy. The new songs also sound just as amazing live and fit in so well with the older songs.
- Catfish and the Bottlemen – The Ride Well, well, well. I don’t even know what to say. Possibly the best band on the planet at the minute. The Balcony was a near perfect album. The Ride may just be better. Soundcheck was their first single and i think once we all heard that we just knew this was gonna be a belter. I was lucky enough to see them live at Wembley in November and i have never been to a more passionate gig in my life. The crowd was on fire, the band’s stage presence is something that i wish i could bottle and keep forever.
- Blossoms – Blossoms Indie is not dead!!!!! Blossoms have produced an amazing, classic indie debut album. Full of catchy tunes and amazing live!
- A Day To Remember – Bad Vibrations
- Twin Atlantic – GLA
- Childish Gambino – Awaken, My Love!
- Sunflower Bean – Human Ceremony